The two examples of creolization I’m going to use that are found in Chapter two of the textbook are religion and music. 

The first example I'm going to look at is Vodou as a form or religion. Below is a picture of a Vodou temple.


Vodou is a form of religion. I stuck with this example that was already in the book mostly because I was not sure I actually wanted to look too deep into more Vodou. Watching the trailer was like I was preparing to watch a horror movie. The trailer also referenced ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ which caught my eye because I have watched that movie before. 


Another example found in the textbook would be the music genre. Beguine by Martinique which was a famous musical style and also famous in Paris. 



I picked this video because I love the way they are dancing. I especially love the outfits and I love the way everyone partners up. 

Another theme I found was the food aspect. 
The above picture is an example of a Haitian dish. 

The video above shows an example of a Haitian dish called 'griot.' I personally love pork and the way they make this dish looks like something I would want to make myself.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dutch Portfolio

Portfolio: Intoduction